mopeds


Accomplishments
December 30, 2008, 10:35 pm
Filed under: Projects | Tags: , , ,

Here is where I’m at:

Magnum: needs an upjet but runs really well. Doing 50+ no problem



Derbi: cylinder stud holes opened and awesome. Casematch and intake are next, also 2 top fins need to go away.




Racing Parts (part 1)
December 4, 2008, 2:36 am
Filed under: Projects | Tags: , , , , , , , , , ,

So I got my gilardoni, pipe and head today. The gilardoni was soft seized, but the damage was very minimal. There are a few scores in the piston, but the cylinder is fine and its got new rings. I’m sure it will do great, especially for an unbeatable price. I got the stock reeds with it and an intake to run a phbg on a e50, so I’m going to have to fab up an intake. I’ll get some pics of that, and you will see how tight (and perfectly) the gila fits in my variant frame.

The head is a metrakit 47mm decom head designed for the flat reed cylinders, ¬†and its basically identical to the stock head except well its bigger. I’m going to have to figure out how to make the decomp work as there is no hole in the cylinder from the head sealing point to the exhaust port. I saw lee make the hole for a peugeot cylinder, but I could just as easily just cut out a small channel out of the decomp channel to open air. Regardless, it will make the bike way easier to start and I won’t have to cut any fins.

The pipe is a 75cc zen which is hydroformed. The header has a HUGE inner diameter and the chamber is nearly the size of a doppler. It looks pretty but I’m going to have to cut it and slightly re-angle it so its not dragging too low. I’m also going to have to add a bracket to support it because the one on there aligns with the swingarm and thats not going to work.

I also ran into rafter today at 77, and I think I’m going to have the frame powdercoated. I’m thinking green and black.